Starting up a business. Don’t give up! Build bounceabackability…
When I originally started my own business back in 2005 I thought I was going to conquer the world and build a big business quickly.
Well it wasn’t quite like that.
I initially read a great book by Alan Weiss on building a brand which emphasised spreading your marketing across many platforms – which is what I did.
I quite quickly won a few clients including one sizeable one but then unbelievably went four months without winning one new client.
How do you cope with that?
- • I simply kept believing.
- • I kept doing essentially the same things as I knew they were right.
- • I dug deep into my reserves of ‘bounceabackability’.
- • I researched and sought advice wherever I could get it (free of course).
- • I took work in another firm of accountants to learn more.
- • I met other accountants in practice who thought I was mad to start up a new practice.
But I kept going…..I kept bouncing back.
And then suddenly, I started winning new clients, lots of them.
As the business grew a new cliff appeared (I really needed an office) and ever since there’s been new cliffs, new challenges – also some difficult times – but bounceabackability and perseverance is the key.
So don’t give up!